Aug 10, 2012

We're Getting Married!

Wow! I cannot believe I am actually saying this, we're engaged! It still feels surreal, especially the first two weeks, I felt like I was just living in a dream. Every time I look at the ring on my finger, I just feel so blessed and loved and safe. It all happened on an unexpected Friday the 13th. He told me we were going to prepare dinner for his dad's birthday at home, so I went home expecting everyone to be there. I even went to the florist to buy a bouquet of flowers for his dad but Bosco persuaded me out of it saying he already bought one. However, when I arrived home, there was no one there, just dim lights, music, and baby just out of the shower dressed in a really nice outfit. I was like what's going on! And at that moment I started to get suspiscious. And he said it's just the two of us, in our home built on my commitment to you (something like that). And he sits me down and turns on our video camera and brings out a big bouquet of roses. Then he kneels down on one knee and gives me a really sweet speech which is actually all captured on camera!! For the first 10 minutes I was in so much shock and denial, thinking this can't be it!!! Because every girl spends her whole life fantasizing about this moment and it was finally here! I always expected when he said the words "Will you marry me?" I would be crying and scream YES but at that moment my throat was all tied up in knots and I couldn't react and all I could do was nod. Afterwards I so wanted to scream YES YES I will marry you! hahaha. After actually putting the ring on and hugging him, it finally sank in and my tears finally came out. It was so intimate and sweet and special. Afterwards we went to our special anniversary restaurant Sabatini to celebrate. The entire night I was so giddy and couldn't stop staring at my finger! hahaha. And that was the beginning of our new chapter- Engagement.

No comments:

Post a Comment